This five ingredient stuffed bell pepper recipe is a real family pleaser. Kids and adults alike will love the Mexican flavors and you'll love how simple they are to prepare! If you'd like to stretch your meat, feel free to cut the hamburger in half and double the rice.
You just need five ingredients to make this simple dinner!
Core and Seed Bell Peppers
Slice the tops off the peppers and carefully use your knife and hands to cut the inner membranes and seeds from the peppers. Discard the insides and tops and set the peppers aside.
Cook the Peppers
Place peppers in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, remove from the heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes.
Brown your beef and drain the fat. While the beef and peppers are cooking, cook the rice.
Mix Beef, Rice, Cheese, and Tomatoes
Add the browned beef to the pot of cooked rice. Stir in 1/2 cup of grated cheese and the can of Ro*Tel tomatoes.
Place the peppers in an 8x8 baking dish and fill with the beef and rice mixture.
Top with more grated cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted. Dig in!
- 4 bell peppers, any color
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 can Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- Wash the peppers and slice off the tops. Remove the membranes and seeds from the inside. Place in a large pot and fill with water. Bring the pot to a boil, remove from heat, cover, and let sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef until cooked through. Drain the fat.
- While the beef and peppers are cooking, prepare the rice. Add the rice and 1 cup of water to a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes over low heat. Remove from the heat and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Add the ground beef to the rice. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese and the can of tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Place the peppers in an 8x8 baking dish. Fill peppers with the beef mixture and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.