We were so inspired by this brilliant recipe for Waffle Iron Hash Browns on Tablespoon that we had to give it a go. It can be difficult to get a perfect crust on your morning hash browns. Not anymore! These crispy hash browns are as easy as tossing some frozen tater tots into your waffle iron and pressing down.
While you can certainly use frozen tater tots for this recipe, the cooking time will be much longer. We recommend thawing the tater tots first.
Gather the Ingredients
Only two ingredients and a waffle iron are needed for this quick and easy breakfast recipe.
Place Tots in Waffle Iron
Spray a hot waffle iron generously with nonstick cooking spray. Place Ore-Ida Tater Tots on top of the hot waffle iron.
Press Down Lid
Press the waffle iron closed, using slight pressure to gently lower the lid over the tater tots.
Check for Gaps
After 1 minute, open the waffle iron and check for any gaps that you can fill in with more tots. Close the lid and cook until crispy and golden brown.
Lift Hash Brown out of Waffle Iron
Carefully life the hash brown out of the waffle iron and onto your plate.
Serve Hot with Ketchup
Serve hot and with ketchup.
- 1 bag frozen Ore-Ida Tater Tots
- Ketchup for serving
- Spray a hot waffle iron generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place Ore-Ida Tater Tots on top of the hot waffle iron.
- Press the waffle iron closed, using a bit of pressure as needed to slowly lower the lid over the tater tots.
- After 1 minute, open the waffle iron and check for any gaps and add tater tots as needed. Close the lid and cook until crispy and golden brown, about another 2 minutes.
- Remove from waffle iron.
- Serve with ketchup, if desired.